Filmateria is looking for a Social Media Intern to join our growing team! The ideal applicant would have a strong grasp of multiple platforms and the content that best suits each. Successful candidates will have writing experience, a penchant for humor, and an obsession with optimization and engagement rates.
• Create and maintain a social media content calendar.
• Updates Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts.
• Engages and interacts with online community.
• Researches valuable industry articles, resources, and content.
• Learn to create high quality content for sharing.
• Learn strategic marketing techniques.
• Presence at online and live events, shoots, and internal meetings as required.
• Phones—answer phones, check messages
• Mailings—label, post, and send mass mailings
• Basic office errands
• Lunch & Coffee runs
• Office supplies, organization, maintenance
• Input project numbers and billing
• Be a self-starter who is thrilled by engagement rates and the latest media trends.
• Be detail-oriented with high standards for your quality of work.
• Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Have experience with managing social media for business.
• Be located in Seattle OR able to commute to West Seattle at least twice a week.
• Have experience with social media analytics (google, twitter, facebook etc.)
Hours: Flexible (8-12 hours/wk required)
Duration: 8-12 weeks (with possible 3 month extension)
Internships are unpaid. University credit permitted.
Nice to haves: Car, cell phone plan, laptop.
Experience in Photoshop and video editing.
Experience in film production.